Phillip Beach: Contractile Fields – 5, 6 en 7 juni
Science may be described as the art of systematic over-simplification
– KARL POPPER
The interaction of Contractile Fields coherently changes our shape. Conceptually we need to move away from groups of muscles based on body regions towards a whole organism perspective.
The power of fields
Fields precede the formation of specific tissues in the embryo. Cells that specialise in contractility are carried from their source to their destination by fields that cooperatively generate shape and movement. The model is both succinct and aesthetic. It is relevant to both assessment and treatment.
Fields that interact
On 5, 6 and 7 June Phillip Beach is at Art of Movement to do the 3 day workshop ‘Contractile Fields’ The workshop is designed for students and professionals who deal with the ease and dis-ease of human movement.
The agenda of the workshop is described below:
- Introduction to modeling – why science is so driven to produce models, how it constructs them. The Contractile Contractile Field model overview.
- Introduction to Archetypal Postures
- The Dorso/Ventro CF. Contractile tissue involved, borders delineated, how dorsal crosses to ventral. Palpate, exercises considered.
- The Lateral CF. Contractile tissue involved, borders delineated, how left crosses to right. Palpate, exercises considered.
- Introduction to the Erectorcises – why erecting from the floor is so important to human biomechanics.
- The Helical CF. Contractile tissue involved, borders delineated, how the left helix crosses to the right helix. Palpate, exercises considered.
- The Limb Fields. Contractile tissue involved, borders delineated, how limbs emerge from the intermediate ectodermal ring. Palpate, exercises considered.
- The Radial CF. Contractile tissue involved. Squeezing and dilating considered. Palpate, exercises suitable.
- Summary and questions